I made her using a very baity Twisty Tail Brush n Grow.
I considered restoring the Twisty Tail rather, but living in SA, I knew I would’ve had difficulty finding a replacement winding mechanism. And since I always wanted to replace my Lickety-Split that I misplaced as a child, Twisty Tail was the best bait as they are in the same pose.
I really really battled with this repro and will never do another one after this! We are so short when it comes to using the correct paints for pony repros that I found it really difficult to paint her and finish her. Eyes are WAY too solid! I couldn’t get them painted fine enough.
The only thing I am happy with is her hair.
Two words of warning though - the official Lickety-Split’s hair colour is called Pussy Cat. Original LS’s were made with this hair and have had significant fading issues. And as I used the same hair, I have also noticed major fading.
Also, Brush n Grow ponies have 4 rows of hair as opposed to other G1’s that have 2, so I used ALOT more hair than I usually do when re-hairing other ponies.